At Global Luggage, each one of us likes to think we’re the ultimate luggage aficionado. Subsequently, we’re always debating what we think makes the very best cabin luggage stand out, so we decided to go one further and, with the help of some frequent flyers, analysed what we believe to be the “most popular” cabin bags to see which one would fit on the most commercial airlines, and definitively be crowned the most versatile cabin luggage.
For our research we used the 20 most popular choices of cabin bags (not just ones that we sell, disclaimer!) and gathered the dimensions and weights of each one. We then deduced exactly how many major commercial airlines each piece of luggage would fit on by matching the dimensions with the hold baggage limits of these airlines. You can see the results here with our interactive cabin luggage study.
But here, we’ll sum up the winners:
BRIGGS & RILEY @WORK TWO-WHEEL BRIEFCASE
The ultimate piece of business luggage, you can travel with the confidence that this briefcase will fit on the cabin holds of all major commercial airlines. It packed away the competition, fitting on all 56 we analysed! Briggs and Riley had several bags return impressive numbers throughout the study!
Read below for other notable mentions:
SLICKS TRAVEL SYSTEM - SUIT COVER
- Sleek dimensions of 52 x 32 x 30cm ensure this backpack meets 50 airlines’ specs for carry on luggage
- Includes a removable Suitcover to keep your business apparel secure and wrinkle-free
- Cool and contemporary backpack design for effortless handling
AMERICAN TOURISTER’S LIGHTWAY FOUR-WHEEL CABIN BAGGAGE SPINNER
- At 55 x 35 x 20cm, the Lightway will fit on 49 airlines
- Expands or downsizes to fit a wide range of renowned carriers, from British Airways to Ryanair
- Features a lightweight construction of 1.6kg
- Excellent interior organisation